Shrimp Avocado Mango Salad

Shrimp Avocado Mango Salad



The blind taste test was probably the highlight of the afternoon for me. We tested things like 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice Not From Concentrate (anyone who knows me knows I have an oj obsession and cannot start my day without my small glass  of juice so this was one of my favorites), Greek yogurt, cheese, crackers, tortilla chips and pre-made guacamole. We marked down which sample we thought was which and then at the end went down the list to reveal the ALDI product and how much the cost savings was between it and the competitive brand.




 ALDI ensures their products taste the same, if not better than the leading competitors but offer it to the consumer at a lower cost. After this taste test, I can say that the handful of products we tested, definitely accomplish that. The Greek yogurt in particular floored me. The second I tasted sample B, I was like “oh, that’s DEFINITELY the competitor’s brand. It’s soooo much creamier and less fake tasting”. Guess who was wrong? This girl. The crazy thing is, the ALDI brand beat out a brand I buy and eat all the time too (and is apparently $0.34 more expensive). FLOORED.

INGREDIENTS


  • 8 ounces extra large shrimp, tails removed, cooked and chopped
  • 1/2 avocado, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped mango
  • 1 cup halved cherry/grape tomatoes
  • 1 cup chopped watercress (SimplyNature Organic Baby Arugula would also work well here)
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • salt and pepper


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Combine the shrimp, avocado, mango, tomatoes, watercress and onion in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
  3. Pour the dressing onto the salad, gently toss and serve.

Popular Recipes

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel