CHICKEN POT PIE BAKED POTATO

I assume I’ve admitted on here a few instances that I’m a carb-o-holic. yes, it’s proper. there's simply something that starchy goodness does to me. haha. I could in no way do one of these low carb diets because it simply wouldn’t final for greater than an hour. I need bread in my life and i need potatoes! 

CHICKEN POT PIE BAKED POTATO

Baked potatoes are one of my favorites. I’ll take them anyway i will. in particular in the event that they’re protected in bird POT PIE SAUCE! Oh my goodness, yes. those potatoes are extraordinary you guys. i found the recipe over at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe ( I simply adore her and her tremendous recipes) and i just knew I had to make these asap. So I did, and actually sang as I ate.

This sauce comes collectively without difficulty and is really scrumptious. It’s creamy, flavorful and loaded with chicken and greens. #yum that is an ideal recipe to make for a yummy Sunday dinner or if you have a bit extra time. The potatoes need to bake for an hour and the recipe requires cooked fowl so plan earlier! A rotisserie chicken could honestly paintings wonders in this. next time I make it that’s what i am going to attempt.

CHICKEN POT PIE BAKED POTATO

Ingredients

  • 6 medium russet potatoes, cleaned and dried
  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • ½ cup diced carrots
  • ½ cup diced celery
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ½ cup frozen peas
  • 2 to 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
  • salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to four hundred tiers F. Rub potatoes with oil and then wrap in tin foil. Poke a few holes thru the foil and into the potato. Bake potatoes for as a minimum one hour or until smooth.
  2. whilst potatoes are performed cooking put off from oven and let stand whilst you're making the chicken pot pie sauce.
  3. melt butter in a huge, non-stick skillet over medium warmth. upload carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. cook and stir until greens are crisp-tender (no longer gentle!) for approximately 5 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle flour over the greens and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly upload chicken broth and whisk to combine everything. hold to feature broth and milk whilst whisking to make mixture smooth and to cast off any flour lumps.
  5. continue to cook dinner and whisk combination until creamy and easy. add peas and cooked diced fowl. permit simmer on low warmness for five to 8 minutes or till heated via. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve over heat baked potatoes and revel in!

Popular Recipes

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel